Thursday, March 31, 2016

I figured I need to take a moment and write down some things about my two little boys, and one that’s quickly coming


As of today March 31, 2016 Micah is 3.5 and Patrick is almost 2.  These two little boys are such joys.  I never knew how much fun having 2 boys would be until them.  These two are buddies.  They have their days when Micah’s stingy with things, and when Patrick just wants to take whatever his brother has; but those moments fade when you see them sit side by side in chairs rocking in sync together.  They love to play in their “play house” and be animals.  Micah has taught Patrick what animals make which sounds. They love to crawl around the house “naying” like horses.  They’ve even found loose ropes and will drape them over their heads and they are their leads.  Both will take my dish towels and drape their heads and baa like sheep.  (for some reason sheep have towels on their heads.)  Patrick loves piggies the most.  The boys have a DVD that has taught them the ASL for all the different farm animals, how to spell them and how to count them.  Patrick’s favorite part in the whole movie is “PIGGY!!”  Whenever I go near the tv, even to put on Pandora, he asks “Piggy?”  Meaning, are you going to put on the piggies?  Patrick knows the sounds of Pete’s truck coming before I even hear it.  He’ll cry out “Daddy!” and grab his boots to go outside and meet him.  He looks for his daddy and asks for him all day long.  I have to tell him, he’ll be home in just a bit.  That answer suffices most of the time.  Micah has taken a liking to doing his ‘school books” and getting a sticker when he’s completed the pages I deem he has to do that day.  He’s getting better, recognizing letters as we go.  Patrick just likes to play around while we do it! 

Yesterday Patrick wanted to be in the kitchen with me while I made breads.  He pulled the stool over himself and asked ‘Up” so I plopped him next to me.  He intently watched while I made cinnamon rolls.  When it came time to make burger buns, I gave him a tiny piece of dough to play with.  He proceeded to pull it apart and mimic me making buns all by himself.  I hope that I have a little baker in the family.  He sure does love to eat so I can only hope! Micah came over and in true Micah fashion he smooshed it into the back of his toy truck and had no interest in baking.  The two of them are very different.  Today when Micah had gone to nap I noticed his toys he had left.  He had all the toy cows perfectly placed in a fence.  4 of them eating hay, 2 off by themselves.  The fence had no gaps and was precisely done.  He is one to always talk about the fences being hot and animals being in fences.  I think he’s going to be the one to take after his daddy’s farming heart.  I am thankful that he ‘mostly’ shares with Patrick.

As for this pregnancy… we have 5 weeks left.  I am getting ready.  I have a few more things I need to tend to before Casey is here.  I want to make my dress for Anna’s wedding, make Anna’s wedding gift, amongst farm things, farmers market things etc. April will be a busy month.  I praise the Lord that I’m still feeling good, and that I’m able to not let the pregnancy slow me down.  I was told today that folks don’t know how I do all I do.  I don’t know how not to.  There are things that need done and I’m the one to do them, so that’s it.  Our new interns have arrived.  One arrived 2 weeks ago and the other arrives today.  Ed was here first and he seems to be alleviating Pete’s stress load somewhat.  I’m very thankful for that. 
Well I need to get this last batch of bagels out of the oven and get ready for dinner.

Thanks for reading with me

No comments:

Post a Comment