Thursday, May 16, 2019

Valley Dream keeps on growing!

Hey everyone!
So things have been just flowing right on along over here!  We've kinda got ourselves into a really nice routine.  If the big 3 boys can go with their dad they do in the mornings, coming back as needed (so nice that they can do that)  After lunch they have to stay back for quiet time while #'s 3 &4 take naps.  Then it's off to work with daddy or play with the neighbors in the afternoon.  I've enjoyed visiting the local farmers Market on Thursdays.  The boys extra love it because #1 it has a park behind it, #2 The park has a splash pad with water guns #3 on the 3rd Thursday of the month they get free P.O.P bucks to spend on veggies or fruits ($5 each!!!)  My boys being my boys have chosen cucumbers, lettuce and kale for us this week.  I think a salad will be on the menu soon.  I was bummed I didn't bring their water gear today because it was HOT and the splash area looked like fun. 
On the farm side of things Pete has been working on getting the area for the cows set up with electric wire to hold them in.  He's been in contact with the owners of the cows we are going to buy and they'll be here in June.  He also got the sheep area ready for our new group of 12 ewes!  They arrived tonight!!  One of them had her baby already so we have a total of 15 sheep.  We are so happy to have more animals around.
We added to our poultry flock too for those following along.  We are now up to 30 laying Wyandotte Chicks, 6 Khaki Ducks, 12 Gunniea chicks, and 6 geese.  It's a busy little chick house over there. 
I've been working on getting some rooms painted here at the house.  If you know me, you know that I am a fan of a touch of color on the walls - so I'm a happy happy lady.  I'm almost finished. 
This week we start our train of visitors and I am so excited for them.  My brother in law is staying for a week, my in laws for a few nights and my parents, brother and sister in law and possibly younger brother are coming too! 
God is allowing us to bless others with this great blessing He has given us.  I love watching it bloom.
Speaking of blooming - I also have a deck garden started.  Praying it all lives. 
Have a lovely evening friends.

Tara
 The hops are getting really tall!
 Rainbow

 Pete had to repair this fence because a tree fell on it one night.

Some of the hops plants are taller than me.  Notice the strand in front of me is taller than me!

The boys found a wild turkey nest!

Freshly mowed and weed whacked hops.  

Our two sheep that we had when we arrived.  Wooly and Baa.  Patrick and Micah love to bother them.

The NEW sheep for Valley Dream Farm.  And one had her baby lamb!

boys sitting on the front deck watching for the neighbor to come visit. 

Casey loving on some fresh Florida Cantaloupe

At the Muse Knoxville for Casey's birthday (Big Birthday Bash post coming)

New Guinea Chicks

baby geese!

No comments:

Post a Comment