Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Reflect, Reconnect and Praise.


Hello friends,

Where do I begin?  When there’s this big of a time stretch between posts, so much goes on that to condense it all into one post that’s not a mile long is nearly impossible.  So much happens and yet some of it seems so mundane that I feel like no one would care to note about it.  God is just so refreshingly good.  Carving out those few intentional minutes to enjoy His creation, connect with my wonderful husband, and ponder the deeper things about Him is thirst quenching yet makes me crave it more.  Pete and I have a nightly routine of strolling down to the mailbox after the kids are in bed to gather the days mail and discuss things of the day and days to come.  We love looking at the different plants growing here than we’re used to and trying to figure out where the old house was on the property.  Imagining the peonies and rose of Sharon bush being in the front yard of that old house.  Reminders of my grandmothers home with her rose of Sharon bushes and small peonies plants dotting along her yard border.  We talk about who’s coming to see us next, when we’re traveling to visit friends, where the sheep will be moved to next, what the boys got into that day, their different personalities, how the younger 2 won’t have any memories of the life we left behind in Pennsylvania… varieties of topics.  It’s a recharge and reset button for us.  It almost always ends in praise to God for His direction and opportunity here in Tennessee. 

Can I entreat you to take that time for daily reflection?  Carve out a few minutes and think about your day, your week before and week ahead.  What can you be thankful for?  What handiwork of God did you skim by that you should go back and notice a bit closer?  Spend a few moments and talk with your spouse about the deeper things of God.  Talk with them about your day and what your plans for tomorrow are.  What are you dreaming together?  It is in these times I think we taste a drop of what eternity will be like. Just praising God for His goodness and reflecting on what He has done and His plans for tomorrow.  He knows the fibers of your being, who He made you to be and where He is taking you.  He ordained it before He spoke the world into motion and nothing will stop it.  Draw near to Him, refresh yourself in Him and see where He’s leading you to go.  Be flexible, because He may call you to more than you think you can handle, and you can’t handle it – not with out Him.

Some highlights of what’s happened between this post and the last one:
-         -  M turned 7!  Where that time has flown to I don’t know.  He’s the tenderest and yet bossiest big brother.  I love watching him develop a love for reading and stretching his boundaries.  He jumped into the lake all by himself the other night!  No one catching him!  We were so proud.  (He did have his lifejacket on so that helps)
-       -    I listed my pickles, relishes and jams on my etsy site! YAY!! 
-        -  Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-A  ( My boys LOVED dressing up like cows!)
-       -    Dan and Florina and girls came here for a few days.  We went to Cruze Farm, the Muse, Big Ridge… had so much fun.  Sweet Summer memories.
-      -     I went to Inspire.  The Annual Trades of Hope retreat in Orlando Florida.  I’m so glad that my husband and friends pushed me to go.  My passion for sustainable change for these women was reignigted as I heard from our artisan groups in Kenya, Asia, Haiti and Uganda.  I met Shelley Jean of Papillon and heard from 2 women who run Pappillon Marketplace in Haiti.  They can attest to the difference each and every sale of their items makes so that a mom can afford food for herself and send her child to school. 
-        -   Returned back to my parents for a day after Inspire – love spending time with them and my boys.
-       -    Hop Picking 2019 Round 1.  Got 8lbs of Hops picked!!  Woohooo!!
-       -    Weekly trips to Big Ridge – best place to cool off and relax!
-        -   And wrapping up with Pete’s construction of a Broiler Pen for our personal chickens… my freezer needs restocked! 😊


Enjoy the smattering of pictures friends and remember to take time to reflect and reconnect. 
~Tara

  J at the Charleroi PA YMCA

 J and I picking Hops.  He didn't last long in the backpack.  

Big Ridge State Park Swimming area.  Our new favorite retreat on hot summer days

4 crazy Critters God blessed me with!  

"helping dad"  build the chicken pen...

Phelping dad.

Me with our Haitian artisans

M at the Charleroi YMCA

 C at the Y.  

 P riding an elephant at the YMCA

family picking party.  the boys "helped" for about 20 minutes... then ran off to play.  

 God's design for plants amazes me.  Perfectly symmetrical leaves paired with a hop beneath each.  Breathtaking. 

 P with the first harvest.  8lbs taken to Clinch River Brewery.  

 at Inspire 2019.  Loved reconnecting with friends who are passionate about this like me.  Our annual reunions are so much fun.  

Better picture of me with Shelley Jean, Stephanie and Shirley.  

 COUSIN TIME!  Avi and Joel.  Buddies.

they all loved going to the Muse

Swinging for days.  ... 

Cow appreication day 2019

J -bean

Sheep and alpacas.  

 M's chosen birthday dinner - spaghetti, corn and bread.  

 from my new relish line on my etsy shop!

Took family to Cruze Farm for Ice Cream.  DELICIOUS

 Sheep grazing beside the house..

My goal for the next 6 months.  I'd love to go the Dominican Republic with Trades of Hope and get to see the work we are doing there.  Along the way I will be blessed to give different things as I reach my goal.  The first mile marker is giving an ultrasound machine to a clinic in Madagascar.  Want to help me reach that goal?  Want to help a mama keep her baby and stay out of selling her body to provide for herself?  Make a lasting impact of job creation and consistent income?  
Visit the beautiful line of Trades of Hope items:  mytradesofhope.com/taraburns


Avi and P helpin in the kitchen

Playing at the muse.

C loved being with Uncle Dan!

A snippet of our days here.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment